1) Z Jinxed One, R. Albarado – One of the most successful homebred of recent memory look to rebound off of a narrow defeat in the San Luis Rey (GII) after an extremely successful 3yo campaign where he won 3 GIs and banked over $2,400.000 in earnings. No question about the distance or surface as he has won at the distance and over $1,100.000 on the turf.
2) Titan, J. Alvarado – This 4yo colt is really starting to bloom and I believe his junior year will be his breakout one. He was impressive last out defeating similar company in the GI San Luis Rey. Solid breezes back up this ones chances and he looks ready to rumble as he seeks his second consecutive GI victory.
3) Ashkalani, J. Bisono – This HRP Turf male of the Year candidate, who is ranked as the second best routing turf male in the world looks for his first win since his BC Turf victory last November. He has not disappointed yet this year as he lost narrowly in game efforts in a GII and GIII. This is truly one of the best in the game and he should show it today.
4) Eve of Destruction, K. Desormeaux – This 5yo gelding is still seeking his rise to fame as he is always right there in big spots, but can rarely find enough to get into the winner’s circle. I expect a game from him all the way to the finish but I think he falls short again in this power packed field.
5) Bald And Beautiful, A. Garcia – Just another ordinary $25.000 claimer, oh wait, Mb has him so now he’s a multiple graded stakes winner off the claim! Isn’t that weird. Anyways this now 6yo gelding has 1 GI and 2 GII wins not to mention placing in a GI and two other GII races and a 4th at the biggest stage, the BC Turf. Honestly, who knows anymore, MB is very influential with his runners.
Categories: Grade II