$100.000 GIII at CD for 2yo colts and geldings, 6f on dirt.
1) Radical Chic, J. Graham – solid work tab for Barcelona Farms makes his second career start after breaking his maiden earning an 85 SRF in the mud. Solid work tab on fast surfaces however but the moisture may have moved him up.
2) End of Clay, R. Hernandez – a $20.000 2yo purchase back in January, 25% trainer Sanny Village looks like he got a steal. He broke his maiden down at GP in April earning an 85 SRF. He has bullet works since then and looks like a real contender.
3) Dream It Again, J. Rocco Jr. – also 1 for 1 earning an 85 SRF this DJC trainee has much slower works than the rest in this field. You can’t disregard the connections, but I think he was a one and done runner, but hey, I could be wrong.
4) Coupe de Lyon, R. Santana Jr. – this one took 2 starts to break his maiden but he did so in style closing like a bat out of hell earning an 86 SRF. The extra furlong should help him greatly and he’s working like a freak. Really nice 2yo here.
5) Dogs Got Wings, M. Mena – here is yet another 85 SRF debut winner. This one was a $35.000 purchase before being gelded. He has solid works, but I am not sure in this spot.
6) One City, B. Hernandez Jr. – already the 3rd owner in this 2yo’s career, but MB will get the best out of him. Took 2 starts to break the maiden earning an 86 SRF, solid works, great connections.
7) Viking Power, C.Borel – nice debut winner opening up by 2L running a 86 SRF. Look for improvement. Should be a nice 3yo.
8) Flashy Skeleton, L. Quinonez – gets Bute and Blinkers on top of lasix for his 3rd start. Don’t think much of him.
9) Cotton Eye Joe, G. Kuntzweiler – makes his first start as a gelding working 1:00 flat. Works are way off to compete in this field. Would be a surprise.
10) Black Mach One, F. Torres – one of the fastest 2yos on HRP currently gets a tough post but great horses will overcome anything. Look for him to establish himself in big ways. This is my pick.
11) Raj Fifa Star, C. Landeros – the most talked up 2yo on HRP currently has to make his mark from the 11 post. Hopefully he can use his speed to get over on the lead but it’s going to be tough.
Categories: Grade III