This race is a very good field of horses in this years running of the G3 Fool Handicap. Lets take a look at this field of 11
1) Lucky Kommand trained by Estero Farms: This runner comes off a Allowance win at GP. This stalker needs things to go quick up front to mow the down late Dylan Davis has the call.
2) Harleys Hope trained by TwinTowersRacing: This runner comes off a 7th place finish in a G2 at SA only beaten a length. This horse would benefit with a very quick early pace to try and mow them down late.
3) Charlies Agent conditioned by John Henry: This horses last start includes a $75 Handicap at TUP where he sat just off runners and came home late with the victory. Ridden by Javier Castellano does not hurt this runners chances at all!
4) Lucky Star Owned by Mb Stables: This horses last effort was a good one, a first place finish in an OCLM 32. Now facing stakes competition once again you can never leave MB out of your trifecta.
5) Torque Converter saddle by Greeko Holdem: This New Mexico bred comes out of statebred competition where he was 2nd beaten 3 lengths. Now against open company he will need to improve.
6) Hollywood Eclipse trained by Nakamura: This gelding comes off an impressive win in an OCL $62 where he won by a length and earned a beyer of 94. He is looking to prove himself as a stakes horse.
7) Ornate conditioned by Team 7 Illusions: Only runner in the field to just come of a maiden breaking score. Eric Cancel will have to cut every corner in this one for this runner to win.
8) Kapa Gold The other John Henry runner in the field comes off a win going only 4 1/2 furlongs. Stretching out and moving up in class will be a tall task for this runner.
9) Machine Gun Tommy owned by fractious: This runner comes a 5th in a G2 at SA. With a little easier spot I would guess this would be your morning line favorite. Junior Alvardo is in the saddle.
10) Crystal Believer trained by Maxmillion Farms: This runners first start since the Breeders Cup Mile and now shortening up to 6 furlongs will be a tall task for this one but has the class to do it.
11) Gifted Man trained by Spankys Barn: Comes off a N3 25 score at GP Jan 10. Ran a very good time but will still have to improve to get his picture taken in this field.
This is set up to be a very good race. Not a real standout in this one but about any of them could come away with it. This will be a jockeys race and who can navigate the best trip. Goodluck to all!