This is a great field of racehorses trying to prove there dominance at this distance and be future G1 winners. Lets take a look at the field.
- Space Commander trained by Nakamurma: Comes off an allowance win at SA before that was 3rd in a G2. Should be a tough customer here.
- Flamenco Beach trained by Alydar Stables: winner of the LAD HCP trying to move his class level up here. This is the right spot for him if the same horse shows up again.
- Erupt owned by Estero Farms: comes off and allowance score after finishing last in the Breeders Cup Classic. This horse should be on your radar if you are betting.
- Ice Wall trained by RNP Stables: Would have liked to seen this horse in an easier allowance race but is trying to dip up that past performance to try and spring an upset.
- Dauzac trained by TwinTowersRacing Comes out of the Pegasus World cup running 6th getting beat a length for it all. This horse will be your favorite as he catches a huge class relief.
- Rainstorm trained by Fractious has not hit the board in his last 3 starts but given a little class relief might be the key for this runner. He will need to run better than he has been tho.
- Mr. Cat Summers trained by First Street Stables: This horse has not shown he has wanted to go this distance before but maybe with an easy pace or a change in tactics he could make a run at them.
- Smuggler Blues trained by John Henry: This horse has not shown anything since his win in the IND Derby. He will need to find his old form to be close against this competition.
- Star Sailor trained by BigKing: This one is stretching out for the first time in a while. Not sure if that is what he wants but we will find out. No matter it looks to be a new up and coming sprinter we could hear from later in the year. A $7.50 claim has been a good one.
Very tough field of horses for only a G3. A lot of horses taking some class relief but there can only be 1 winner. Good luck to all.