For 4 year olds and upward 1 1/8 on the dirt for $150.000
1. Storming trained by Fractious: This runner exits a 2nd place finish in an Allowance at a flat mile. The extra distance will do nothing but benefit this runner. Gabriel Saez has the call.
2. Bad Bad Boy trained by Waldo: Exits an easy Allowance. This runner is trying to prove he is a stakes quality horse but has still yet to find the line first in stakes company.
3. Invercargill trained by Gdp Inc: This runner is testing the stake waters for the first time after winning a N3 Allowance. A pretty tall task for this runner but Gdp will see what kind of horse he has after this race. He is faced with some pretty tough company including his stable mate right next door.
4. Russian Dictator trained by Gdp Inc. The late runner has only been off the board once in his last 6 starts and it was a tough race going 7/8. Now stretching out to 1 1/8 should only benefit him. Having Mr. Lanerie in the irons does not hurt his chances at all!
5. Ahimsa conditioned by Night Rider Stables: This runner was claimed last out for $45.000 where he finished 2nd. This runner will need much improvement to be competitve in this spot.
6. Waiting On My Moment owned by Luz International: Exits a N3 Allowance were he placed 2nd to the #3. Trying to flip the tables on him this race will not be easy.
7. Magne Account trained by RNP Stables: This runner is the class of this race making more money then any of the other starters. Does he still have what it takes to be a stakes horse at age 5? or is he over the hill?
8. Moment In History trained by Pan Farms: Claimed for $22.500 last out after a win going 6 1/2 on the grass this runner try’s to stretch out and change surfaces while taking on a whole new class of horses will not be easy but a mile work on the dirt in 1:36.1 suggests maybe he can compete with these kind.
9.Tongariro conditioned by John Henry: If you draw a line through this ones last performance he may be the favorite in the field but what a horible performance in his last race. John Henry must think he is doing good to put him in this spot because this runner will need to find his past form to win this race. As Grunder would say “Centeno sets him down for the drive”
10. Keep A Secret trained by Nakamura Stables: Coming off a 7 month layoff after being bought in the auction from Mb stables, this runner will need to be ready to run to win this spot.
Good solid field of horses in here. Long shot pick is the 8 Moment In History, Good luck to all!