The G3 $100.000 Tokyo City Cup going a whopping mile and a half draws a very good field. Lets take a look at the runners.
- Charlemagnes Command trained by Serenity Stables: This horse likes to fall way off of the pace and come with one steady run. He will be picking up the pieces late. Morning line 6/1
- Growlifornia trained by Tiratzo: Claimed out of his last start for $25.000 he ran a second going a flat mile. Now with the step up in class and going way further than he has ever gone before will be very tough for this gray gelding.
- Questionable trained by Mb Stables: Is by far the horse to beat in this race. Has raced well at this distance and has proven to be one of the best distance horses, running 2nd by a head in last years Marathon.
- Sunpunch trained by John Henry: This horse last win was a few races back going a flat mile on the grass. He has won on the dirt before but the distance will be his biggest challenge.
- Range Of The Sun trained by Team 7 Illusions: Comes of a 2nd place in the Santa Anita Handicap. He has not ran well previously going this distance but gives it another try today.
- Higher Limit trained by Night Rider Stables: This horse seems a little inconsistent and never throws the same race twice. If we see the best Higher Limit today he could be right there.
- Kaunakakai trained by The Sidley Stud: This horse comes into this race winning 3 out of his last 4 starts. His loss was in the Marathon where he ran a game 4th. He will be right there today as he has proved he loves this distance.
- Gaius Julius Caesar trained by Arindel: This gelding could not win for $10.000 Non 3 two starts back, I cant play him in this spot today.
Good Luck To All!