While he managed to break his maiden at Gulfstream on the grass in his first effort after the geld, he returned to put in a bold effort in the most recent Gr. I FL Derby where he missed by a length. Right back at the distance and footing here should play well.
- The Peter Pan ( Gr. III ) Purse $300.000
- Belmont Park- For Three Year olds
- One Mile and one eighth in distance- Main track
- May 9th, 2020
Seven runners will go postward here at Belmont on Saturday, five of which are still in search of their first victory of their sophomore season. Only Mb Stables Bobs Ticket and Maxmillion Farm’s Winchester have visited the winners enclosure. These two trainers may very well look to finish one/two in this event, very much like they did last weekend in the Ruffian Hdcp, when there runners were separated by a mere one one-hundredth of a second. What will come into play in this affair is the stretch drive. Belmont has a full 1097 feet to the wire off the turn, and closers can make up ground here. Here’s an overview of todays field;
1.Silent Commander ( Serenity Stables )-Made a major close last time out in the AR Derby, and hopefully the stretch here will offer him some time to close ground.
2. Noble Taoist ( John Henry )- Has just his maiden win in four career starts and this is a major step up. Based on his last race, this event is over his head. Pass.
3. X Ray Spex ( Estero Farms )- An Auction pickup in mid March, sprang into actions in the FL Derby finishing a fading tenth, four shy. Nice return work at six panels, but the distance is the question here. Fringe effort at best.
4. All Day ( Rampage Stables )- Had two victories to close out last season, but is struggling to find the mark against Graded company this year. Rosario stays aboard after two unsuccessful affairs. Questionable.
5.Starship Sweeper ( TwinTowersRacing)- Has nine career starts and still in search of his maiden win. Challenged the Fl Derby last time by, and managed to close to within four lengths. Stretch may help, but this chestnut colt is camera shy! Show placing.
6.Bobs Ticket ( Mb Stables )- Two time winner this season earns him merit for this event. Both those came on the grass and his two most recent Grade II tries on the dirt have left him high and dry. Will need to be closer at the midway point to make a dent.
7. Winchester ( Maxmillion Farm )- Has two keen mile works at the oval, improving in his second attempt. His FL Derby finish should give him top billing for this event, and his trainer seems to like this track. Top Pick