Fillies and Mares three and up take the stage at Santa Anita for the mile and a half journey on the turf. A grade III event that gives out a purse of $100.000 lets take a look at the field.
1. Suribachi trained by Twin Towers Racing: This filly has ran from 5 1/2 to a mile and a eighth. Her last start was an allowance level where she ran 6 furlongs and finished ninth. You will not find this one on any of my tickets.
2. Southern Two Step trained by the Sidley Stud: Pretty nice filly here, she is 8 for 16 and has made just over $570.000. She has not run on turf in a very long time but is 3 for 4 when she has ran on it so that should be no problem. Standing at 16.2 she should have no problem getting a mile and a half.
3. Fixes trained by Maximillion Farm: This filly has ran in quite a few flat mile turf races but has won going 1 3/8 so that does give her an advantage. She likes the turf and is 5/1 morning line.
4. Bronze Broomstick trained by First Flight Stable: This filly has ran in back to back mile and half races finishing a 3rd and 4th. Today if she can get just a little pace to run at she will be coming late.
5. No Signal trained by Mb Stables: This filly comes out of some tough Grade 1 and Grade 2s but is getting a little class relief today. If she likes the distance she is classy enough to beat this field.
7. Nike Talk trained by Czech Out Farms: Running at this distance multiple times so that is a plus but just has not really given any indication she can compete with this field unless everything goes her way. She did make up a lot of ground in her previous start but will have to get a trip from the outside post today.