The BEL Gold Cup – GII
BEL Race 5 1 1/2M – Turf
Four Year Olds and Up
Although not at the distance as it is in real life at two miles this is still a marathon race here at a mile and a half. Almost a full field but the outside runner has scratched out of this field. Let’s take a look at the runners.
1. Raj Action Packed (43-10-10-9 $2,018.540), trained by Arindel
Definitely a horse for the distance here as he is very seasoned at these long distance turf races. His last start was a narrowly beaten third in the grade one Man O War. He should be able to have a good chance to win this spot.
2. Id Rather Go Blind (29-2-5-5 $200.620), trained by TwinTowers Racing
Well this is one who is not very seasoned at the distance with only one start over ten furlongs which was his last where he was third in an allowance race. He does not seem to have enough to win this in my opinion.
3. Winter Solstice (24-5-8-6 $1,496.990), trained by John Henry
A grade one winner right here and he has also ran many a times at this twelve furlong distance. He was seventh in the Man O War in his last start but I think that he will have a lot better chance to get the money here.
4. Voodoo Child (15-3-3-1 $129.380), trained by D J C Racing Stables
Now onto this horse right here and he has only ever been past a mile one time in his life. He won his last race going a mile but he is definitely unknown at this distance. Not sure if he will be able to go this far.
5. Controlled Power (30-6-8-3 $1,212.500), trained by Spankys Barn
Two time grade one winner here but those were both at a mile back in the day. He did win the San Luis Rey a race before his last start. He should be pretty tough in this spot and I think he has a good shot to win this.
6. Techfluence (46-14-8-11 $3,514.890), trained by The Sidley Stud
The old war horse of the field right here and he has battled it out with some of the best going this far on the grass. He did not run well in his last start but I think he can bounce back here. He should run a good one.
7. Bevin (16-3-4-2 $207.600), trained by Chili King Stables
First horse that I’ve seen in the field so far that I can’t really make a case for based on the past performances. He is a stakes winner with statebred competition but this looks way too tough of a race for him.
8. Face Your Fears (19-6-3-1 $1,112.850), trained by Mb Stables
Next up is a multiple graded stakes winner here and he has ran in some pretty tough races throughout his career. He does seem to be better down in distance though so I’m not sure if he will be able to this far.
9. Kandy Stripe (16-4-3-4 $160.470), trained by Lanfranco Stable
Another one that I’m just not real sure how he has ended up in here being how he just got claimed out of a twenty dollar statebred race. Just do not see this horse making much of an impact at all.
10. Miracle Man (15-3-2-3 $140.440), trained by Winning Link Stables
Next up in the field here and this horse is coming into this race off of a third place finish in an allowance optional claiming event. Looks outmatched with these and also has a bad post this close to the outside.
11. Shanghai (15-4-2-1 $567.400), trained by Nakamura Stables
Last horse in the field here and he is going to be making his first ever start on the turf in this race. Bad post for him and an awfully tough bunch to face. Not sure how he will perform but it will have to be a dang good effort to win.
12. Pxg (15-5-3-0 $269.900), trained by Mb Stables
A very good field has been entered up for this race with many horses looking to have very good chances on paper. I think that Techfluence may be the horse to beat if he runs his best. Good luck to all in the field.