The NY – GII
BEL Race 6 1 1/4M – InTurf
Four Year Olds and Up Fillies and Mares
A field of twelve of the best turf loving fillies and mares on the game has been entered up to contest this years running of the New York here at Belmont. Let’s take a look at this stellar field of runners.
1. Silly Sue (14-5-2-4 $213.730), trained by Crocker Ggs
First up here and this is a graded stakes winner like much of this field will be. She was a bad sixth in the Royal Heroine in her last start and that was a race to forget. Not sure if she is good enough to win with these kind though.
2. Illustrious Cat (19-6-2-1 $491.520), trained by Chili King Stables
Graded stakes winner here also and she has faced a few of these other entries before in her career. She was a close seventh in her last start and she is capable of winning this but she will have to run a huge race.
3. Angel Shark (16-7-2-2 $978.060), trained by John Henry
Late running style is what she likes to do and sometimes it works out and sometimes it does not. This track and the way this race will unfold should help that style of running so I think she will be flying home late.
4. Smart Queen (26-8-4-7 $245.290), trained by Night Rider Stables
Here is a mare who is actually seeming to start to blossom now late in her career as she did win a statebred stakes race last out. I think that this is still far too beyond her reach though as she doesn’t look good enough to win.
5. French Box (13-2-1-3 $156.170), trained by Threshold
Fellow SRF writer trained here and she is tacking a crack at the big purse right here. She also seems to like that out of the clouds style of running so she will need the right setup and pace to have any shot to win.
6. No Signal (9-3-0-2 $114.700), trained by Mb Stables
The champion trainer of the game has entered up this filly off of a dominating win in the Santa Barbara where she went wire to wire. A real test here but if she passes she could be on the rise in this division.
7. Dream Whisperer (19-5-3-3 $744.820), trained by Mb Stables
Other Mb Stables entry here and last year she was one of the top horses in this division. Her last was quite frankly just terrible and she didn’t show up at all. A return to last years form puts her near the top but who knows if she will.
8. Coastal Flower (24-7-4-5 $149.670), trained by Nolespan Racing
Next up a filly who was claimed for twelve bucks just two starts back. She was third in the Beaugay last time out but this is a whole lot tougher spot than that. She will have to run huge to win here.
9. Maggie Greene (32-11-6-4 $1,577.160), trained by The Sidley Stud
Coming into this race off of a two race win streak right here and she has dominated the last two fields she has faced. If she has it in her to go for three in a row I am not sure if they will be able to beat her in this one.
10. Cest And Me (20-7-3-2 $1,440.400), trained by D J C Racing Stables
Maybe one of the best fillies in the entire race right here and she was a neck behind another grade one win in her last start. She looks to be very tough in this field and I think she could be the horse to beat.
11. Nancy Broom Moytoy (25-8-2-7 $1,241.320), trained by Smokey Stover
12. Lady Cowgirl (23-5-6-4 $253.490), trained by TwinTowers Racing
Final runner in the field here and she is coming right back here to Belmont once again. She likes to use a come from behind style so she will probably drop very far back in here from this post. She could be flying late.
A very great field has been lined up for this race and most of the field has somewhat of a chance to win this. My top pick is Cest And Me to win this thing for the wizard D J C Racing Stables. Good luck to all in the field.